Saturday, March 10, 2018

Journey to being on set of Franklin in Toronto


         Wednesday March 7,208

          Friend of mine send me a message with code words for some of the movies filming in Toronto.
         Shazam = Benjamin Franklin
         Titans = Free Birds

  
         Thursday March 8,2018

        I send an email to casting director regarding an administrative issue around lunchtime, she responded stated she will look into it. About 10 minutes later she send me another email asking if I had been on the Franklin set yet. I quickly responded. No.

        She ask for pictures and would get back to me soon. Few hours later she sent me another email that if I can be on call for Friday. She may have no show or cancelations that day. I said Yes! of course


          Friday March 9,2018

      In the morning she sends me an email stating that she won't know anything until 3:00pm and to stand by.

    I went on with my day and 3:00pm arrived and no phone call, continued wth my duties and then at 3:50pm I get a call

     Casting agent " Can you get to 315 Queen street by 5:00pm?"

     Me: " Sure, can I get some more details? what should I wear?"

     Casting agent " Let me send you an email"

    We continued to talk and I went to Googlemaps to see where it was and started to get my paperwork and clothes ready to pack and up leave in the next few minutes.

     Me " I got the email!"

    Casting agent  " you are replacing Dennis Hanley as a club patrion"

    Me  "okay I will leave in 10 minutes and will be there before 5:00pm"

    Casting agent  "I will inform production you are the way"

    Me  "okay bye"

  I then proceeded to get my big napsack and fold my dress pants and two shirts in it. Got my folder with all my administrative paperwork to submit to production to get paid.

   Brought a book, business and 3 pens.

  Wore my jeans, long sleave sweater and my winter jack and was out the door by 3:55pm.

    I got on the subway and took two trains and arrived at Yonge and Queen at 4:20pm. It was only about 8-10 blocks to the location so I sprinted  and walked east along Queen.

  It wasn't that cold but I did bring my hat and gloves for the evening. It was going to be an exterior shoot. It was Philadelphia in the winter (Toronto perfect place to fill in for)

   I arrived at 4:50pm go registed, went to wardrobe and than sat and networked with the rest of the background actors.

    We had great dinner from a food truck at 8:00pm and then continued to wait.

  At 11:30pm we got called on set and did a one scene where we ran out oaf a strip joint that was under fire from a villain spraying lighting and thunder. We did it three times and then went to the holding area.

      Few us decided to hang around near the camera area and had a a chance to share a few words with Zachary Levi playing Shazam!

     He said "its cold my costume is very thin!' I said " keep warm and welcome to Toronto!"
     He said "thank you enjoy the rest of the evening.

  They shot a few more scenen with him an a few kids and we were done at 2:30am

  Moral of the story: Be prepared everyday becuase you never know when you time will come to be on set of a DC film

                   Article from teh Daily Mail Read more
                                                       

Zachary Levi as Shazam
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment