Sunday, June 25, 2017

(True) Story: The Hip Hop shirt, Drake and acting!



Friday June 23, 2017



                                                      


I was taking the bus back from work going to Wilson station when I sat down and had the most interesting conversation with a fellow passenger.

I took the bus from Weston and Ormont on Friday since the other bus was not getting me back to the downtown core.

I was sitting at the front of the bus and enjoying the ride to Wilson station.

Decided to wear this black shirt that had HIP HOP in white letters on the front. During the trip a black passenger go on the bus and was occupied with his old style flip phone making calls with people in his network. Sitting so close I could hear all the conversation.

He phones one guy and ask when they can meet to drop of some electronics to him, after a back and forth they decide at 8pm. He calls a second person and gets very loud on the phone, something regarding he was in the hospital for something. He finished the call and was looking forward.

Then he turned around and look at my shirt. I was wearing my blue Hilfiger jack and he could see the outline of what my shirt.  He gave me a very confusing look!

Few minutes later I decided to say something “it’s my brother shirt, he was in the hip hop business many years ago, I usually wear it around the house decided to wear to work today” I continued to share “I directed a Hip hop video in late December 2016 and the some of the characters we used were Drake, Kanye West, Bill O’Reilly and JayZ

He then said “ I can’t stand Drake, he says all this stuff about smoking crack in his video and he never has done any of it! He has been on degrasse and be rapping stuff that isn’t true.” He literraly became very emotional and agitated about it!

I didn’t know what to do to calm him down!  I change the subject and talk about my brief acting career. He then said “ I wanted to get into that, but I don’t know what to do!” I responded “ here is my business card, give me a call and I can share some strategies on what you can do” he responded “Thank man” we shook hands and with that he was of the bus and continued on his journey for the day.

Moral of the story: Be careful what you wear. I may cause reactions you won’t expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment