Thursday, January 14, 2016

Spotlight Feature: Nelson Hudes



1st question
How did you get involved and interested in the Public Relations area?

I studied Radio and Television Arts and Seneca College between 1979 to 1981.  After completing my studies, I joined a company in the marketing department, assisting with Marketing Sponsorship Sales, PR, you name it.  I did it.  Getting that vast experience was fantastic because it really allowed me to hone in on the area that I loved the most, Public Relations.  After the Mrketing Director left the company, I assumed his position and continued to do everything under the sun and got to love PR even more.  After 15 years at that company I decided to strike out on my own and created Hudes Communications International, a full service PR agency catering to Corporate PR customers.

2nd question

Can you share some strategies and areas that on good PR initiative that companies can execute easily? 

The easiest thing a company can do is to learn what's newsworthy out there.  Pay attention to the news, That will allow them to see what works and what doesn't work out there  and in turn that will help them create news worthy angles for their companies.  Start small and pitch their local newspapers (weeklies) and Magazines in their industry for coverage.

Learn more click here

No comments:

Post a Comment