Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Power of LinkedIn connections

Few weeks ago I got a interesting request from LinkedIn below: 

My schedule was beginning to fill up for November so I quickly responded and we met for a coffee at Tim Horton's in the Yonge and Dundas area.

He came well prepared for our meeting, with resume and dressed to impressed. We had great conversation and I offered him to connect with some of my contacts I had on LinkedIn that may be able to offer assistance.

Within that week he went through all my contact and I sent 5 forward communications for him. He had one contact call him back! That was awesome!

2nd email
His email response:

LinkedIn

M. Faisal Hasnain (faisal.hasnain1@gmail.com) has sent you a message.
Date: 12/12/2012
Subject: Thanks
Hi Jim,

Just wanted to thank you for sending my connection request to your contacts, once again.

regards
Faisal

 3rd email
INTRODUCTION: REQUEST TO FORWARD
From: M. Faisal Hasnain
Date: 12/11/2012
Subject: Connect Request
Please connect if OK with you.

As always thank you for support.

Faisal

Moral of the story: It's about Get Connected 21 Century using online and offline resources

Jim Pagiamtzis
jim@pagiamtzis.com

P.S We  keep you updated on his journey to career success.


1st inquiry


LinkedIn
Greetings
InMail




M. Faisal Hasnain
JOB SEEKER - Seeking position in B2B Sales, Business Development, Account Management & Consultative Selling
Toronto, Canada Area
Hello,

I came across your profile on LinkedIn and with great interest.

I am impressed with your profile and I feel that I can really benefit from your knowledge. I am a new immigrant with a respectable Sales and Marketing profile BUT struggling to make progress in Canada. I am reaching out to professionals like yourself for some guidance. Can you please give me an appointment for 30 mins on any day/time/place convenient to you. I hope for a positive reply from you.

thank you,
Faisal






           



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment