Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Journey to speaking at Malvern Library


In early February 2012  I had put in a proposal to the Toronto Public Library (thanks to referral by Marta Nowinska) they were accepting applications for speaker for the GTA.

I email in the application and didn't hear anything back from them until I got a phone call from Vicky  Tourkolias inquiring if I was interested in speaking in the Fall at the Malvern Library in Scarborough.

I didn't hesitate in saying "yes" but I asked how she heard about my services. She responded that she had come across my name in the library resources folder for speakers.

Apparently I had been accepted but not notified of that.

We set up date to speak on Dec 11,2012 where I shared insight on Social Media Made Simple using Constant Contact.  I also had called AJ Parl Founder of Toronto Computer Geeks to see if he was interested in sharing insight on  LinkedIn. He quickly agreed!

AJ and I have shared the stage on numerous occasion from speaking at Job Skills from January -April 2011 in Toronto to last 2 years at the Canada Job Expo in North York.

It was an awesome evening and we both delivered solid material to the attendees.

Look forward to speaking at the Toronto Public Library location in 2013!



                                AJ Parl sharing LinkedIn at Malvern Library

                               AJ Parl and Jim Pagiamtzis and Malvern Library

No comments:

Post a Comment