Saturday, November 10, 2012

Journey to year of changes and success


It has interesting and exciting 2012 and look forward to 2013 the opportunities that await!

 In late November 2011 I left for their corporate world and had due to corporate changes so I took a package and went looking for new opportunities. I was prepared mentally working and personally developing and having had success in business I know I had the abilities to succeed.

Meeting to great mentors in 2003 and learning about business, life and success had given me the confidence to overcome any obstacles that I faced. My persistence and risk adverse attitude were the two traits that drove me forward.

I had already had some business success since 2003 when I got involved in business with my 1st mentor Terry Gogna who had introduced me to amazing personal development system and business opportunity that I learned, evolved and had great success.

 2nd Mentor Max Haroon was the founder of Society of Internet Professionals a non-profit internet organization. Max Haroon an early internet pioneer who had North American success. I began to volunteer and assist with SIP. from public relation, events management, promotion, database management and eventually sharing the same stage and speaking with him!

It was an amazing year to meet 2 mentors in the same year. This affected my professional work life also. Gaining confidence and doing multiple projects that I thrived at using my unique abilities from inventory management, microsoft office and data management.

In 2008 I wrote my first article for first article for Empower.ca on Volunteer to Success following by 3 more articles for Toronto Public Library (Small Bizxpress) which I get paid for. Being surround with entrepreneur in that time period, I went on to leverage those four articles into paid speaking opportunities with Enterprise Toronto and corporate training.

I started a blog and began to write numerous articles on Networking, Mentorship, Marketing and Leadership. In my 2011 I did a 4 week paid training program for Enterprise Toronto where I shared with inner city inspiring young entrepreneurs classes on Business planning, networking, sales and mentorship.It was a huge success I had many fellow entrepreneurs and professionals attend my classes.

 Dianne Ojar-Ali Author Mrs. Fraud and You brought her husband Ken Ali to my sales session, Dianne Ojar-Ali later advised me that I had education and inspired him on how sales is important and everyone does it.

I wanted to share these stories to give you insights on what happened after I took my package in November 2011. For the next 90 days I aggressively looked for work in the corporate world. I got referrals from friends and use couple of agencies which did specific job search in the industry I working (transportation logistics and operations)

I had numerous interviews with different companies and for various positions. There were a few companies that I felt I had conversations with and felt very confident I would start very soon.

Had also got interviews from online posting and referrals from friends regarding positions in logistics  to marketing. Unfortunately none of them didn't work out.

Then on January 11,2012 I had an amazing opportunity happen with Constant Contact (Social Media company out of Boston,MA)

In October 2011 I had signed up as a user to use their email marketing program, my database had got very big so I need something else to send out my newsletters Getting shut down by my ISP service 3 times in  year didn't help!

Had great success using the service in October and November promoting events that I was doing during that time. I had build a great connection with Lisa Kember Regional Director for Constant Contact (Ontario). She had suggested I look into the Solution Provider Program they offered, which was to participate in revenue sharing in their services, I had a number of organizations who had started using the service and having success, Why not get paid for it! 

Completed the necessary forms for the Solutions Provider Program and was accepted.

Going back to January 11th I had attended a session that Lisa Kember was doing at downtown hotel on various social media topics and after the presentation she wanted to meet with me an pay for lunch. I was nervous and happy at the same time!

In December 2011 she has asked to send her some You Tube clips of me speaking and I since forgotten about it until she mentioned at our meeting. She went to say " We are looking at building a team of trainers in Toronto called Authorized Local Experts and she was inquiring if your are interested, was impressed with your presentation style you have, Is this of interest?"

I had one question as a leaned over to ask " Yes! does it pay?"

She offered in response laughing " Yes it does!"

I said " Sign me up!"

On January 26, 2012 I got the 8 page contract which I review and signed. It turned out that I had a speaking opportunity the next day in Newmarket for Meetup group I was a co-organizer. I email my contact and advised if I can do it. The quickly pointed out that if I can scan get the contract back to them that night  and print out the speaking document and powerpoint I should be good. I did what they advised and didn't get much sleep!

I did the presentation the next day using the notes(which I read) and used the laptop to share with the group.

The rest is history its  November 2012 and I have done numerous corporate training programs Moresales.com Workforce Planning Group, Tangible Words, Professional Organizers and SOHO.ca

Have been to various organizations all around Toronto from Trios College(Brampton,Mississauga,Toronto).Meet up groups and professional organizations.

Lisa Kember has been a great coach and mentor throughout the year in her support and feedback on how to get evolve and get better.

I have made new connections and business partners who have been instrumental in my continued success from Marc Gordon, Tom Kaufmann, Jamil Khan, Brett Deguire, Bonnie Chan, Patrick Bizindavyi, Justin McMakin, Paul Renie, Gary Vaynerchuk, Amber Mac and many more.

It's all about your personal drive to success and your persistence to succeed. Surrounding yourself with resources who will support and encourage you is important to your long-term success.

I wish everyone an exciting and prosperous 2013!

Stay tuned for my two new websites www.21connections.ca and www.jimpagiamtzis.com coming soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment