Monday, December 13, 2010

Spotlight: Natalia Kantor

I have had the opportunity to share the stage with many great entrepreneurs this year, with various unique abilities. Natalia Kantor really did share the "Get Connected Make it Happen" moment at InitiativeTO (https://www.facebook.com/InitiativeTO) on November 17. She began with a brief introduction and then came to the crowd to learn more about us and allow us to "choose" one of her cards. I said "she doesn't waste time connecting". after that we were treated to great talk on her Road less traveled of being on entrepreneur

1. What is your definition of an entrepreneur?

Natalia Kantor answer:
Entrepreneurship: "It's not about reducing the world to what it is but rather seeing what it can become!"
Entrepreneurship is a gateway to reinventing business, reinventing culture, reinventing yourself and reinventing the world. Entrepreneurship is about innovation. And innovation can only happen with 'out of the box' thinking! Entrepreneurship is about making and breaking your own rules, testing the grounds and redefining what is possible! Entrepreneurship is about creating and not only filling the demand.

2. You have traveled and seen many parts of the world. What part of the word has made the most impact for you?


I have traveled to many, many places and they all have made a big impact on me. Each place teaches you something different.
In my opinion, travel in general is the greatest teacher because when you travel, you become more receptive. New surroundings sharpen your mind.

Natalia Kantor
Biography

For the longest time I tried to define who I am as an individual and as a professional. I graduated from Ryerson University in 2006 with a new media degree. Initially I worked as a graphic and web designer. Then I moved up to working as a creative director. Later I fell in love with video as a format and worked as a production manager for an online magazine. I found that if you don’t know yourself, someone else is always more than happy to define your role for you. I found it harder and harder trying to fit myself into a box of someone’s design. I made a decision to take some time off and define who I was for myself. I traveled to such places as Burningman and the southern United States, England, Scotland, Ireland, Spain and Australia. Today I can say that I am an entrepreneur. I describe myself as a multi-platform creative producer. Multi-platform because I produce multimedia, web, print, photo and video work for a range of online and offline media platforms. I am the director and founder of We Are Communications, a creative agency focused on integrating creative direction, communication, innovation and entrepreneurship with Web 2.0 applications and social media. I am also a founder of women's network called Co-Inspirers, focused on creative self-development. Currently, I am incubating Roads Less Traveled, a multi-platform host-driven travel series, an online community and an annual conference focused on alternative living and I love what I do.


ROADS LESS TRAVELED.TV
“Imagine the alternative, a different way of life”

FAN PAGE: www.facebook.com/roadslesstravaled
TRAILER: http://vimeo.com/13742301

Jim Pagiamtzis is a published author, writer and entrepreneur who has written for the Toronto Public Library spoken at Universities, Enterprise Toronto, Initiative TO on How to be come a networking Success and How to attract Mentor in Business Life and Success. You can be email payamgis@gmail.com if you interested in being featured in future spotlight articles or have him come and speaking to sales or marketing organizations

No comments:

Post a Comment