Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great Seminar!

Did a 30 minute seminar at the www.canadajobexpo.com on Sept 21st,2010 below is result participant got the same day! Remember Learn, Do and Apply!
Thank Monique



Hi Jim, I just wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to speak to me after the seminar you gave at the Memorial Centre in North York today. While I have never had any problems talking with people, networking was never something I pursued very vigilantly. I had applied for a general manager's position for an upscale restaurant downtown and hadn't heard back from a second interview that I had last week. I decided I would call him, which I did this afternoon. He explained that he was so busy and hadn't had a chance to get back to me but that he wanted to offer me the position. The last thing he said to me was 'thank you for following up and pursuing this.....it confirms that I chose the right person for this position'.

My point is, I actually thought I would not hear back from him and had decided to move along. After your seminar, I figured it couldn't hurt to call and that at the very least, I would have a definitive answer as to whether I had the job or not. Thank you for inspiring me today. After only 6 weeks of job searching I think I found something I will really enjoy and can put away my resume for now (*she says as she keeps her fingers crossed*) and hopefully a long time to come.

Again, thanks for taking the time and best of luck with your motivational speaking career.....

Cheers,
Monique Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment